Monday 7 December 2015

Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer and Why FF VII Will Be Episodic

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! MY DREAM HAS FINALLY COME TRUE!!!!!

So as you all may have heard, if you are a hardcore Final Fantasy fan or Final Fantasy VII fan, Square Enix has revealed the gameplay of the upcoming title during the PlayStation Experience 2015 event and my god, it was amazing.

From the moment, SE revealed FF VII Remake at E3 2015, my first thought was how are we going to play the game. Some fans were hoping for it to be the same as it was the Active Time Battle (ATB), while others wanted it be more action and fresh. And now, we have are results in and it will be an Action RPG. From the trailer, it will be very similar to Final Fantasy XV and maybe a bit of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. If you want a reminder of my thought of how the gameplay would click this link (Final Fantasy VII Remake Update Combat).



I won't spoil much of the trailer but, if you've played Final Fantasy VII back when it was released, you will recognize the characters that appear in the trailer. The lighting, music, and just the trailer alone has been pumped up to play this. I'm a huge fan of FF VII, I can give a whole review of the game (characters, story, the theme etc) if I wanted too. (Maybe one day I will, given if I have the time).


However, there have been some news reporting in that FF VII Remake will be Episodic and that has made fans just rage online and I can't say I disagree with them. I thought we would get the whole package of the game but, who knows how it will be divided. I myself wanted the full game but, I'm not THAT disappointed for some reason. And the developers made a pretty good point and I myself came to understand their reasons.

"From the beginning, we thought a Final Fantasy VII remake would be bigger than a single release," director of the original game Yoshinori Kitase told Dengeki Online.

"If you did get it into a single release, there would be things we'd have to put into a shortened compilation," Tetsuya Nomura, FF VII's character designer, added. "Since we thought there would be stuff we would probably have to pare down and supplemental things we probably couldn't add, we decided to divide it up, concluding that we have to do a remake that's fully packed with content."

Kitase further added that Sector 1 and Sector 8 areas that were shown in the most recent trailer are quite dense, "If we took everything that's in the original game and remade it at that quality, we couldn't get it all on a single release," said Kitase.

In my opinion, I understand why they need to divide the game, FF VII is a massive game in a whole and developing it as just a single game, would take a number of years and we probably won't see the game for another 2 or 3 years, and then fans would get upset by the fact SE is taking so long. Just look at how long Final Fantasy XV took to make and that game looks really big, can you imagine if FF VII was the same size as that, it would take FOREVER till it hit stores.

Are you excited for Final Fantasy VII Remake, what did you think of the gameplay and what is your opinion on the episodic content that they will release. Let me know in the comments below and spread this article. See you next time readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment