Thursday 3 May 2018

James Wan To Produce Live-Action Swamp Thing & Why This is a Good Thing


🚨BREAKING NEWS🚨

One of the most popular and underrated DC character is getting his own TV show for DC Universe, the new streaming service and that is Swamp Thing.

Warner Bros has given the live-action show a script to series order for a one-hour drama. Meaning that, if James Wan and the writers impress the execs of Warner Bros, this will become a legit TV show. I'm betting this will, so don't worry about it. Mark Verheiden (Battlestar Galactica) and Gary Dauberman (It: Chapter One) are writing the script and will serve as executive producers alongside James Wan and Michael Clear. The show is set to debut sometime around 2019.

Wan has also commented his excitement on the show and teasing fans on what to expect when the show is released.












In addition, here is the new logo for the show. Image is down below.














Now I'm going to tell you why this is a good thing in my eyes. I don't have any sources but, this is my own opinion, so here we go.

As you know or don't know, James Wan is the director of the upcoming Aquaman movie, set to be released on December 14, 2018 (UK) and December 21, 2018 (US). This is a BIG BIG sign that Aquaman is going to be a great movie because Warner Bros would not have given Wan this opportunity to do another DC Comics IP for TV or movie if they didn't think his movie, Aquaman, would not be good.

Aquaman will be excellent guys, don't worry about it.

Personally, I haven't seen the movie but, we have reports of people who attended Cinema-Con a few weeks ago saying the movie looks great, visually appealing and it is epic. But, I have no doubt in my mind that Aquaman is going to shock fans expectation and haters will realise that the DC Universe is here to stay.

This just shows that Zack Snyder was just the wrong person to lead the charge with this cinematic universe, I personally, think he is a bad director. He's basically just like Michael Bay but, Bay has a couple of good movies under his belt, for example, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, Bad Boys & Transformers (2007). 13 Hours was a really good movie, glad it popped up on my Netflix. Snyder doesn't understand the characters nor does he respect them and the lore behind what makes them heroes or villains. 


Zack Snyder can come up with some cool action sequences and is a visual master but, that does not make a good movie. He's pretty much flash over substance and what I mean by that is, he would rather make the character look COOL than give us some actual depth. And I know that the Snyder fans want the Justice League movie that he directed but, that's not coming out.

DC Films are here to stay and it's going to get a lot better now that Zack Snyder is removed. 2018 and beyond DC Films is making a Rebirth
Thankfully, he will never touch any of the DC Films ever. While he is the producer for the sequel to Wonder Woman, I don't think he will have any creative control on that movie, since Warner Bros have decided to remove him from ALL DC films. I'll be surprised if his name is still attach on the project. We just have to wait and see when we get an official synopsis, cast and crew of the movie.

So, James Wan set to produce a live-action Swamp Thing TV show, what are your thoughts about it? I personally, think this is great news, Wan has been on a roll with movies and I can't wait to see what type of horror element will be in Swamp Thing.

Comment below and let me know, remember to follow me on twitter (@DammySensei) and I'll see you guys soon. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment