Sunday 23 July 2017

BIG DCEU NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SDCC 2017!!!


It's a good day to be a DC/DCEU fan, I can tell you that much. 

If you don't already know San Diego Comic Con just dropped this weekend and a lot of trailers for upcoming movies this year and next year got released and OMG, do they look super good. Unfortunately, I will only cover the DC Comics but, I hope to do Marvel and other non-comic book movies. So let's get started with the first topic, shall we?


SHAZAM!!! - Production Starts Feburary 2018 and Director Announced


After many years of being developed, Shazam will finally start filming in February of next year. Also, to take into consideration, David F. Sandberg will be directing the 2019 movie. He is well known for producing movies with an extremely low budget, for example, Lights Out and Annabelle: Creation, both of which had great reviews from critics. Now, they didn't give us any details on who will be playing as Billy Batson A.K.A Shazam and we don't know who will be the villain, my guess is that we will hear the news in a couple of months.

All in all, I think it's safe to say that we won't get another DCEU movie in 2018, which to me is a good thing because if they were to announce a movie for that year then, it would be rushed and people would complain about it. So, we're only getting Aquaman at the very end of the year.

Who do you think should play as Billy Batson (the kid) and as Shazam (adult)? Let me know in the comments below.

Batgirl: Joss Whedon Set to Start Working on the Movie in 2018


Well, I didn't think that this movie will start developing till 2019 but, I guess DC/WB are keen on this. Joss Whedon who is popular for directing both Avengers movies (Avengers & Age of Ultron) has shifted sides to DC and is preparing to film Batgirl. During an interview with IGN Live, Geoff Johns, the co-head of DC Films revealed that next year he will focus on the new film:

"But for Batman what I will say is that Batman is more than just Batman and, you know, it’s been way too long since we’ve seen, you know, an expansion of that universe, and Batgirl – we are doing Batgirl with Joss Whedon, it’s going to be super exciting. He’s going to start that next year, and that’s just the start.”

So, it looks like we are getting Batgirl sooner, rather than later. And to be honest with you, I was hoping to get a Man of Steel sequel but, I'm still happy that a DC Film is getting ready to start filming or begin pre-production. The DCEU is on a roll with talented filmmakers like Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman), James Wan (Aquaman) and David F. Sandberg (Shazam).

Who do you think should play as Barbara Gordon? Let me know in the comments below.

The Flash: DC Films to Adapt Flashpoint as a DCEU film



DC Films revealed at SDCC that the upcoming Flash movie will adapt the Flashpoint storyline, not as a animation but, as a live adaption. Now, a lot of people were expecting this to happen but, I don't think at SDCC or anytime soon for that fact. I think it's safe to say that Reverse-Flash will be the villain for the movie, which I am so grateful for because he's one of my favourite villains. And I don't think it will be a 100% accurate representation of the comic, I think it will pull key plots from the comic and make its way into the movie.

Are you excited for this upcoming story arc to be adapting into a movie? Who do you think will play as Reverse-Flash?

Warner Bros Offically Announce Wonder Woman Sequel  


Warner Bros have officially green-lit Wonder Woman 2, which let's be honest we all knew it was going to happen because Wonder Woman was the summer movie of the year. Critics and audience loved the movie and I love the movie. Gal Gadot played Wonder Woman perfectly, if you don't know, check out my review (Wonder Woman Review).

When do you think Wonder Woman 2 will be released? Let me know in the comments below.

Justice League SDCC 2017 Trailer


I'm not going to talk long about this trailer because if you love DC, then I'm pretty sure that you are going to be so excited when this movie drops in November. You can clearly tell that this is a Zack Snyder movie, not a Joss Whedon movie. The action looks great, Steppenwolf looks cool but, we don't get a real good look at his face. And at the last couple of seconds, we see Alfred talking to someone and my guess is Superman or Green Lantern (Hal Jordan).


As a whole, just see the trailer and I can guarantee that you will be very interested in watching this movie. I tried so hard to not watch this but, I couldn't help it.

So, Justice League and everything I've mentioned in this article, what are you excited to see next in the DCEU? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you next time. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment