Saturday 5 September 2015

The Guest Movie Review



Cast: Dan Stevens as David Collins, Maika Monroe as Anna Peterson, Brendan Meyer as Luke Peterson, Sheila Kelley as Laura Peterson and Lance Reddick as Major Richard Carver. Directed by Adam Wingard

The Guest is a American thriller film directed by Adam Wingard and it stars Dan Stevens as David Collins returning to U.S. after the war in Afghanistan and unexpectedly visiting the Peterson family -Spencer and Laura Peterson and their children Luke and Anna who claims to have been a close personal friend of the Peterson's eldest son Caleb. He's there to fulfill a promise made by Caleb to take care of the family.

The movie is really amazing, the whole run time of the film made me wonder why David is so interested in the Peterson's. I mean, I understand why he is there (to take care of the family) but as the film goes on, you begin to speculate that David is a shady person and Anna (Maika Monroe) begins to notice it as well. Also, a positive thing about the movie is the soundtrack, it reminded me of the (2011) film Drive. This is not a action film, where 30 minutes into the film you will see car explosion etc, however, there was a bit of gun action near the end of the film. The electronic-pop score throughout the entire movie was wonderful. The movie somehow managed to mixed elements of classics movies like Halloween and The Terminator. In other words, I would buy the soundtrack in a heartbeat.
















As a whole, The Guest is an amazing film, the editing/soundtrack was great, the actors played their role perfectly and theme of the film kept me wanting me to know who David is.

If you are a fan of thriller films and enjoy movies classics movies from the late 70s and early 80s, you will enjoy this film as much as I did. I think the movie is still on Netflix, so quickly watch before it's gone. I'm going to give The Guest B+.

Comment below and let me know what you thought of the film and the soundtrack. See you next time readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment