Tuesday 13 September 2016

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - Trailer Review

I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THAT MUSIC, I HOPE IT'S IN THE GAME. 


Another day, another Kingdom Hearts trailer that dropped on my laptop today. The highly anticipated next installment to the Kingdom Hearts series has finally got a release date. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (that's a mouthful), will be released on January 12, 2017, in Japan and January 24, 2017, worldwide.





The final chapter prologue comes with the high-definition remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, as well as two new content to the series. Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover, which would be a one-hour length movie detailing the Foretellers and their search in finding out which among them (I think more than 4 Foretellers) is the traitor, and Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage. This episode will take place after the events that occurred in Birth by Sleep on the PSP/PS3. It is told from Aqua's perspective and it explains what she was doing in the Realm of Darkness for 10 years.

Keyblade Master Aqua - still believing she will see her friends (Terra & Ven) again

As you may or may not know, I am a HUGE HUGE Kingdom Hearts fan. I've played it ever since the first installment came out, so you know that I'm going to play this game and review it. Now that we got all of the formalities out of the way, let's talk about the trailer. I'm only going to go into detail of Aqua's storyline because that is the most interesting and one of the most important parts of the Kingdom Hearts Saga. I will do a review of the one-hour length movie when I get it.

Ven & Terra appear??

The scene opens up with Aqua still holding onto the Wayfinder that she made for herself, Terra and Ven back in Birth by Sleep. But, they descent down the ocean and shows tall white chairs and in that very scene, you see the two figures attacking Aqua, Vanitas and Terra-Xehanort. Can I just say the graphics for the movie cutscenes are INSANE, almost looks like you are watching a Pixar movie. And let's not forget about that MUSIC THOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Vanitas & Terra-Xehanort attack Aqua
Now we don't know if we will see those two in the game but, my guess we will but only as a flashback. We then see Ven trapped inside a, I think a casket/coffin, and we see Aqua preparing to fight a doppelganger and free Ven from the coffin. There are snippets of gameplay for Birth by Sleep 0.2, we see Aqua doing what she does best and that is using her Keyblade in conjunction with her mastery of magic attacks. This is going to be one Kingdom Hearts game to remember because this is a showcase of how we/the fans are going to play Kingdom Hearts III on the PS4 & Xbox One. That upside down sequence looks really cool as well, I really what to know what happens there.

From what I could tell from the final last scenes with Aqua, it seems as if that her time spent in the Realm of Darkness has taken a toll on her and it appears, she is giving up by letting go of her Wayfinder but, another Keyblade Master helps her and that is King Mickey himself.

Aqua almost giving up but, a helpful friend aids her

In the end, this trailer has me hyped up for the game. I already know the story of all the previous games so I'm ready for Kingdom Hearts III. I feel sad for anyone who thought that Birth by Sleep, Coded and 358/2 Days were just filler. They are going to be so lost in the game and they will go on the comments section of anything related to Kingdom Hearts III and say that 'the game is confusing, the story sucks etc'. No, that's your fault in thinking that you could skip those games and still know the story. You have only yourself to blame. Fans who played or watched playthroughs of the game will get it and enjoy the game. I already know that this and Kingdom Hearts III will be PERFECT.

Down below is a video from Gametrailers and it is called the Kingdom Hearts Timeline, this will help you get up to date of the games and the mythos/story. If you are still confused after watching it, then I bid you farewell.



But I want to know what you guys think? So the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer, have you seen it and what did you think about? Who is your favourite Kingdom Hearts character? Comment below, let me know and remember to follow me on Twitter (@dmyxxxx) and I'll see you next time. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment